As any military unit, the OK Squadron has rules, although these are far easy to live with.
All aplicants must speak portuguese language.
All members must have the following software:
- IL-2 FB+AEP+PF simulator series*
- IL-2 FB+AEP+PF latest "merged" version patch installed
- HyperLOBBY Pro client latest version
- Teamspeak 2 voice coms program
* IL-2 Sturmovik - Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters are combat flight simulation products developed by 1C: Maddox Games, published by Ubisoft.
All members must be committed to fly IL-2 with full realistic settings. Although for the time being we´ll be using speed bar and sometimes external views, it is our aim to be able to fly full real. Icons and no cockpit view will be always off in our training sessions.
A. All pilots must:
- Conduct themselves in a gentlemanly manner, with chivalry and honor.
- Practice their flying skills and stay in good fighting condition, keeping themselfs prepared for any combat event.
- Spend a reasonable amount of time participating in squad events, but depending from real life conditions.
- Refrain from any form of cheating.
- Refrain from attacking any aircraft that is on the ground (unless it is the mission objectif, or vulching is encouraged on the current server).
- Use your OK Squadron designation in all unit related events,
- Any flagrant infraction of 4-6 above shall initiate a hearing and could result in your removal from this squadron.
B. Whenever a pilot is going to be absent for more than 1 week must notify the squadron of his intended absence.
- When assigned a wingman, do not attempt any action that will put your wingman in jeopardy.
- The use of language to include swearing, degrading or derogatory comments will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Extend chivalry to your opponent.
- Read, remember, and adhere to the rules of the OK Squadron. If you are unfamiliar, or do not completely understand a rule, ask for an explanation.
III. Flying time
The flying time is not a mandatory rule, as we all have a real life, a job and a family, and this is more important than spending time flying online. IL-2 is just a flight sim, not a reason for life. The amount of time you can fly online and participate in the Squadron business, depends only from you and your possibilities.
Every newcomer to the OK Squadron have to go trough a period of evaluation of his skills, but MOST IMPORTANT, of his behaviour as a person, his attitude. After the evaluating time is over, he will be eventually accepted in the Squadron, as a full member.
V. Pilots and Crews
Every pilot name and callsign is displayed in the site roster, along with his e-mail link and picture. Also, every pilot will have an unique aircraft code and serial number displayed on their OK Squadron aircraft skins.
VII. Aircrafts and Skins
The OK Squadron fly the historic Bell P-400 and P-39 Airacobra, as well as any other available aircraft, favouring the ones flown by the portuguese Aeronáutica Militar (later on Força Aérea Portuguesa) like Gladiators, Hurricanes, Spitfires, Lightnings and Thunderbolts.
All admitted OK pilots will receive:
- The OK Briefing - written inflight procedures;
- OK skin packs for every aircraft flown by the squadron, including dedicated training missions (if available for the current version); and
- An OK regiment insignia adressed for several nations use.
All other available aircraft can be flown under the OK regiment insignia, whenever out of the OK team squadron work.